Well, it sure seems that I have been blogging classics lately- chocolate chip cookies, now carrot cake...what next?
Maybe it's because I've been a busy bee these last few days, with baking sessions schedueled in the wee hours of the day..."midnight baking" should I say! So there will be less talking this time, but more photos and a recipe at the end- a carrot cake recipe because, well, there were some sad looking carrots lying around in the kitchen and I felt I had to make some good use of them! Everyone has their very own carrot cake recipe, and mine has turned out quite well in the past years :-)
Recipe for carrot cake:
Ingredients (for a small cake mould):
- 2 eggs
- 100gr sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnammon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rhum
- 100gr butter
- 100gr flour
- 60gr ground walnut
- Baking powder
- 3 grated carrots
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180-190C.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, cinnammon, nutmeg and rhum together.
- Then add the melted butter. Mix well.
- Follow with the flour, ground walnut, baking powder and carrots. Mix batter well.
- Pour batter into mould, and bake for 45 minutes.
- When ready, take out of oven, let cool and enjoy plain or with your favourite topping- cream cheese, icing sugar... whatever your tastebuds crave for!