I figured that my blog may seem incomplete without a classic - chocolate chip cookies. Although they are not something I bake too often, I still have not found the secret to those chewy soft cookies that they sell at American stores over here...or at Starbucks even! What is that damn secret?!! If the answer is in one of those ready-mix boxes that are just missing an egg...well I won't give into that. In the meantime, here is a Lindt recipe with my addition of caramelized peanuts. Enjoy!
Recipe for chocolate chip & caramelized peanuts crispy cookies:
- 250gr butter
- Vanilla essence
- 300gr sugar
- 1 egg
- 340gr flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 300gr chocolate diced
- 150gr caramelized peanuts
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180-190C
- Beat butter, vanilla essence, sugar and eggs until frothy
- Add in the flour and baking powder. Mix well
- Then add the chocolate and peanuts. Mix all, place in a bowl and in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- With a spoon, dipose balls of cookie dough on the baking pan, keeping 3cm distance between each cookie.
- Bake for 15mins. When ready, remove and let cool.