Apr 1, 2012

15 MIN ZAATAR (or anything else) HOME MADE CHIPS

Aaah I love making things that I would typically buy ready-made from scratch, like delicious Digestive Biscuits or Nutella ... and I know there are a bunch of recipes circulating around to home made versions of Twix, Reese's Pieces and all types of other processed foods. And so recently, I gave a go to a most iconic processed food item- chips! Chips, crisps, whatever you want to call it, are becoming a guilty pleasure of mine but every time I pick a bag up at the grocery store and read the amount of sodium on the label... I am simply terrified! It really is the salt, more then anything else, that freaks me out in ready made chips (I mean, hello water retention, bloat!)

Anyway, fortunately there's a solution to this sodium disaster- home made chips...and in less then fifteen minutes! Here's how it goes:


First, choose a flat bread. I only had pita on hand, but Im guessing lavash bread is your best bet

Then cut into cute little triangles

Then, prepare your "flavour" of choice. I went with zaatar mixed with half olive oil, half canola oil. No salt here! Go creative with the flavours- chilli, truffle oil, cinnamon & sugar, etc...

Brush the little triangles with the flavour mix and place on a baking tray.


Bake for 10 mins in a 350F pre-heated oven. 
Now I can't wait to experiment with all different types of flavours! 

No comments: