(For the batter, I followed a 50/50/50/50 "basic" batter)
- 50gr eggs
- 50gr sugar
- Orange essence or orange zest
- 50gr butter
- 50gr flour
- Baking powder
- Shredded almonds + butter + sugar
- Preheat oven to th5. Roll out marzipan into a thin layer. Wash abricots, dry, and dice.
- Mix egg, sugar and orange essence/zest
- Add in butter and mix
- Add in flour and baking powder. Mix
- Place batter in a cake mould.
- Add layers of marzipan, covering almost entirely the batter
- Throw in the diced abricots
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- During baking time, place a knob of butter in a pan over heat until it melts (don't let it burn!)
- Then add the shredded almonds and sugar. Caramelize. Set aside
- When cake is ready and out of the oven, sprinkle the almonds on top for a finishing touch.
Eat warm or cold- either way, you'll still get the fluff, cream, and crisp textures!