Litchis & Biscuits Roses de Reims
After having made this, I certainly do admire those people who manage to make picture-perfect verrines! I always end up with a mess of layers...which nonetheless tastes good once eaten. If only photographs could allow viewers to see...and taste!
- Biscuits Roses de Reims
- Raspberry coulis
- Rose petal confit
- Coconut icecream
- Shredded coconut
Method (pretty straight forward, as you will see!):
- Dice peeled litchis, and mix them with rose petal confit. Set aside.
- Take out the glass containers, cups, verrines..whatever it is you will use.
- Place a layer of biscuits roses de Reims. I like a lot of crunch, so my layer is thick.
- Follow by raspberry coulis
- Then, add a layer of the rose petal litchis.
- Soften up coconut icecream, and spread a thick layer of that. You can also just place a scoop of ice cream if you want to go quicker...
- Decorate with shredded coconut and small pieces of loukoums.
- Place in freezer for about 10-15 minutes, just so that the softened ice cream becomes icecream once again. Don't keep in freezer for too long though, because then the litchis will become icecubes!
P.S: my favourite part is the magical element the loukoum adds to all the other textures! You'll understand why if you make this!