Yet overall, these are easy to make and quick to bake, and definately should be eaten once out of the oven. They do have a bitter taste (which I personally like), but that can be covered up by simply adding more sugar to the recipe.
- Puff-pastry (you can make it, or buy a ready made one)
- 3 big oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- A bar of marzipan
- Cinammon or ginger (optional)
How to make it:
- Wash and slice oranges.
- In a big pan, place the orange slices along with the sugar and water. Place pan on medium heat for about 30 minutes- once the orange peels become translucid and the slices become sticky. Then remove slices and place neatly on a plate. Let cool
- Preheat oven to th7.
- Take out puff pastry and cut into your preferred shape and place on a baking sheet & pan
- Roll out the marzipan into your desired thickness, and place on puff pastry. Leave some empty space for the borders.
- Arrange the orange slices on top of the marzipan.
- Bake for about 10 mins.
- Take out of oven. If you wish, you can sprinkle lightly with either cinammon or ginger. With or without, it's delicious either way! Eat hot and fresh to enjoy the fluffy crispy puffy pastry!
Note: if you don't like your oranges too bitter, you can add more sugar to step 2.